Paya Lebar School Alumni consists of former students of the primary school at Lorong Bengkok around the period of 1968 to 1973.
Paya Lebar School was a one-storey school building. It opened in 1952 with only seven classes with no field, tuckshop, electricity or modern sanitation. Conditions improved gradually in tandem with the surroundings and the school grew in size. By 1971, there were about 1,200 students. Since most of us were classmates for many years in primary school and lived in the neighborhood (Macpherson Estate at Circuit Road), strong and lasting bonds of friendship were developed. Many of those bonds continued into various secondary schools and even into tertiary education.
It has been over 30 years since we left the school and various pockets of pals have coalesced to form this group. It is dedicated to remembering the camaraderie we once shared and strengthening those treasured bonds. A historic reunion dinner was organized on March 11, 2007 at the Jurong Country Club where about 30 former students attended.
The PLS Discussion Group at Yahoo (payalebarschool · Paya Lebar School Alumni) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/payalebarschool/ was created in 2007 to allow discussions by fellow PLS alumni. The Group also logged about 260 postings on this site in the month of March 2007.
30 April 2007